Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES SEASON KICKS-OFF IN TORONTO, CA
Posted Tuesday, 8/28/2012 by PPNSteve
THE NEW Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES SEASON KICKS-OFF IN TORONTO SEPTEMBER 1ST - 2ND, 2012
New Ultra Rare Prize Card To Be Unveiled!
El Segundo, CA - August 27, 2012 - Having completed the 2012 season at an amazing Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) World Championship held earlier this month in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (Konami) is launching the new Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) season in Toronto, Canada September 1st - 2nd, 2012.
Eager Duelists from all corners of North America will descend upon the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to kick off the 2013 season in hopes of clinching the title of YCS Champion.
During the two-day event, seasoned and rookie Duelists alike will play with all they have got, bringing both tested strategies and new maneuvers to each of the Preliminary Rounds. Vying for the prestigious title of YCS Champion will have each player masterfully making each move with great thought and precision. The heated competition begins Saturday morning and culminates Sunday afternoon, when all eyes will be on the final two players as they Duel to the finish in the Final Round.
Duelists should pre-register for the YCS Toronto Main Event from 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Friday, August 31st as those players that pre-register and submit a Deck list will receive an event-exclusive YCS Token Card! Registration will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 1st. Upon registering, Duelists will receive five Return of the Duelist booster packs for participating in Konami's YCS Toronto. Round One will start at 10:00 a.m. and the Top 16 or 32 YCS finishers (depending on attendance) will earn invitations to participate in their region's 2013 World Championship Qualifier.
In addition, Konami will hold two Dragon Duels for the younger players (Duelists born 2000 or later). The top four finishers in each of the Dragon Duel events will receive a special Dragon Duel Champion's Medal, a Regional Game Mat, a Regional Deck Box and an invitation to their 2013 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier, where they have the opportunity to earn an invitation to the second annual Dragon Duel World Championship at the Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship to be held in August 2013.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 St Front W Toronto
Additionally, Duelists can participate in a wide variety of fun and challenging Public Events to push their Dueling skills to the limit! Konami will be conducting a host of events such as Regional Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mats, Starter and Structure Deck Tournaments, and the newest Sealed Pack Tournaments for Battle Pack: Epic Dawn featuring exclusive Starfoil prize cards only available at premier events.
The Main Event winner, the two runners-up and winners of Sunday's two Public Event playoffs will each be awarded a YCS prize card. The Main Event winner will take home the new Ultra Rare YCS prize card which will be announced at this event!
- 1st place - Ultra Rare YCS Prize Card; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; 250GB game console; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier tournament
- 2nd place - Super Rare YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Tablet PC with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier
- 3rd place - Super Rare YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Touch Screen MP3 Player with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier
- 4th place - 32GB touch-screen MP3 Player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier
- 5th - 8th place - 4GB video game console with YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier
- 9th - 16th place - 24 booster packs of Return of the Duelist; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship QualifierIf attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
- 17th - 32nd place - YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier
Duelists unable to participate in YCS Toronto can check out live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Every Saturday morning, Duelists can watch the all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL animated series as well as classic Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes on Vortexx programming block, the leading Saturday morning kids broadcast network in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL every Friday and Saturday on YTV!
For more information on Konami or the Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, please visit http://www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com.
KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at http://www.konami.com.